Individuals interested in substitute teaching for Elwood Community Schools must complete and submit to the Office of the Superintendent:
- an application for employment (non-certified) and
- evidence of qualifications. Evidence of qualifications includes:
- a valid Indiana Teacher’s License, or
- a transcript certifying sixty (60) hours of college credit from an accredited institution, or
- documentation of applicable experience in subject areas and experience in instructing and supervising children. This written documentation must include dates of engagement in the activity and responsibilities assigned/included. Examples include, but are not limited to: work experience, day care experience, cadet teaching, camp work, life guarding, private or public school work, church youth work, coaching of community athletic programs, volunteering in schools.
Submission of application only will not be considered. Attach and e-mail qualifications to email@example.com, fax to 765-552-2021, or mail to Elwood Community School Corporation, Attn: Maggie Gregory, 1306 North Anderson Street, Elwood, IN, 46036.
Upon receipt of application and qualifications, applicants will be contacted for further consideration, including interview, check of local, state, and national criminal history, check of state and national sex offender registry and proof of eligibility to work in the United States.